Now that winter has arrived, you might notice a film of rock salt residue covering cars, and on your home’s tile floors after the first snowstorm. Keeping your tile floors looking new is a challenge when salt, snow, and slush is continuously being tracked inside your home. The best solution, you may ask? A professional tile and grout cleaning service! Here are a handful of helpful tile and grout cleaning tips for your home this winter. If these don’t seem to work, call your friends from Hydro Clean Certified Restoration to take a look!
Clean the Salt Residue That Makes Your Floors Look Stained
If you clean up your floors and they still look a bit dull or dingy, this is a sign that you’re probably using the wrong kind of cleaner. Since salt is alkaline, you’ll need a cleanser that’s on the acidic side of the pH scale to neutralize it and remove any residue. Here are some easy steps to take before calling out a professional tile and grout cleaning service:
- Sweep. Sweep up or vacuum any salt or debris from your floor.
- Wet mop. Mop up salt residue and wring out the mop to remove the top film.
- Acidic cleaner. Use an over-the-counter cleaning solution that’s slightly acidic for your floor.
- Dry. Microfiber materials or dryvac should be used to dry off your floor to prevent any salt residue moisture from being spread.
Turn to Tile and Grout Cleaning Experts
No matter how often you clean off the slush and snow that gets tracked across your tile floors during the winter, there is going to come a point where high foot-traffic areas start to look dirty. You can only do so much as a homeowner, but professional tile and grout cleaning is a multi-step process that gets after the root of discoloration:
- Deep Cleaning. An eco-friendly cleaning solution that pulls the dirt out from the pores of your grout joints
- Steam Vapor. A steam vapor cleaning service clears out any signs of heavy foot traffic from grout.
- Topcoat. Last, a penetrating sealer prevents grout discoloration and keeps your tiles looking brand new.
Care for Your Damaged Tiles to Prevent Water Damage
The best tile and grout cleaning solution during the busy winter months is to hire a professional cleaning service. We at Hydro Clean will use our truck-mounted state of the art cleaning equipment, which allows us to eliminate any dirt and debris even on the most delicate surfaces!
Get Tile and Grout Cleaning with Hydro Clean Certified Restoration!
If you need your carpets, furniture, drapery, tile & grout, dryer vents and air ducts cleaned, look no further than Hydro Clean Certified Restoration. We’re located in Arbutus, but we’re happy to serve customers in Howard County, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Prince George’s County, Montgomery County, Harford County, and Carroll County—even Cecil and Frederick counties. We also handle emergency fire, smoke, and water damage 24 hours/7 days weekly. Your upholstery, air ducts, and drapery are in good hands with us. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn! You can also call us if you have any questions at 410-737-0088.
“It’s not clean unless it’s Hydro Clean.”